Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update

It has a been a little bit since I wrote on my blog so I figured I would give a quick update on a few things. Valentines day has long sense come and past. I got Melanie some flowers, decorated the table, made fillet mignon for dinner which is Melanie's favorite, oh and got her a gift certificate to get a 30 minute massage over at Sports Academy. As far as I can tell she really enjoyed her Valentines Day and so did I. Melanie made me a card, made me a CD mix, and also bought me a nice shirt to wear. I definatley enjoyed my Valentines Day.

Melanie and I continue to go to the gym to workout. We haven't quite kept up the going every single day part of the routine, but we do go at least 3-4 times a week which I am happy with. Its been over a month now, so the fact that I am still going is pretty good for me. haha. After Christmas break I weighed a whopping 207.1 lbs. That is the most I have ever weighed. Just coming home and regulating my eating helped me drop to 200 lbs. At 200 lbs is when Melanie and I started hitting the gym. I currently, as of Monday, am 189.2 lbs. In total that is about 18 lbs of weight loss since I returned to school. I am very happy about that and hope to reach my goal of 175 lbs before the summer. I have not been under 188 lbs since just after my mission. 175 lbs was about how much I weighed when I got home from the mission. It is still tough to find time to hit the gym but we are doing good at making it a routine. Even though getting on the scale I can see that I have lost weight, I've still have yet to really notice it when I look at my body. I do notice some change, but not a whole lot. Hopefully after loosing another 14 pounds I will start to see a difference.

Right now I am on Spring Break. A whole week off of school which is really nice. Although I have the whole week off I am stuck in town because I still have to work. In fact the only difference between this week and a normal week Is I don't go to school. I still have been doing homework and studying because I have lots due Monday, and a test on Tuesday. Its nice not feeling super stressed out about my homework though. Tomorrow morning I plan to get up early and to spend a whole morning working hard on homework. Id like to get all my work done before Friday. As of right now, Mel and I have plans to take Friday off and to go down to Salt Lake and spend the day relaxing, shopping, etc. Just getting away from Logan for a bit. After that we are meeting up with Jori and Alex at Alex's aunts house I believe near Salt Lake. On Saturday we are going to go snowboarding up at one of the resorts. It should be good and I'm really looking forward to a little bit of a break.

In other news, I haven't really had any luck looking for an internship this summer. I had a guest speaker in a class ask how many of us Juniors were looking for an internship, or course all of us raised our hands. There were probably like 70 juniors that raised their hands. Then he asked how many had been able to get one, all hands went down except for about 3. That just shows how hard it is to get an internship currently with today's economy. So I have been left trying to figure out what I plan to do for the summer. If I stay in Logan I would work full time again at Sports Academy. I like working there but as far as getting experience towards my major it doesn't help one bit, however it is nice to know that I would have a full time job during the summer. The other option, which is looking like the better option would be to move to Las Vegas for the summer and to work for Melanie's dad. As an engineer I will spend lots of time working with contractors. Although I would only be doing physical labor for Melanie's dad at least I could see how a contractor and his company works and at the same time get some actually field experience in construction. I feel this is really my best alternative to an internship. Now comes the bad part though. Melanie's school does not get out until the beginning of June while I get out at the beginning of May. Melanie is also planning on teaching summer school which will last to the beginning of July. In other words Melanie and I would be apart for 2 whole months each doing separate things. That being said Melanie already said she would plan to make trips down to see me, but she would most likely move home with her parents for the rest of the summer, so we could be together.

So many options, so much to do. Life is always crazy. I think lately I've really been letting it get to me because I haven't been a happy camper. I've really let stress take over. Even bishop called me in to ask if I was okay, because he felt I hadn't been as happy as I normally am. That being said I've been working hard the last few days to develop and attitude of happiness. I know I get to choose how I feel and how I react to stress and different situations. So far I think I am doing an okay job at it. I guess the person to ask would be Melanie because she is around me so much.

Anyways that is all I have to say. Melanie will be home soon and we will be off to the gym!

No comments: