Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dentist...

One thing I forgot to mention that occurred this break was my extreme tooth pain. Back in the summer of this year I broke a tooth chewing on a Now-N-Later. I went to a dentist in Logan but there was a mix up with insurance and stuff so they couldn't do anything to fix my tooth. I got really busy and wasn't able to get back to the dentist. When I got home to California I went to the dentist first to get my teeth cleaned and for them to take some x-rays. I set another appointment to come in and get a cap placed on my tooth. I went in and they drilled and put on a temporary cap. After a few days I started experiencing extreme pain on the tooth they work on and the same tooth on the opposite side of my mouth. It was Friday at the time so I couldn't make it to the dentist till the following Monday. I was so sensitive I couldn't chew on either side of my mouth. So on Monday I went back to the dentist and got more x-rays. The dentist drilled on my temporary cap, he figured the pain was coming from the fact that my cap was too long. He gave me a prescription for antibiotics and required me to take Advil three times a day. A few days have gone by now and my mouth is feeling a lot better. Its not perfect but It feels a lot better then before. Today I go in for my fourth and hopefully final visit to the dentist this break. I am going on to get my real cap put on. Hopefully I am not in too much pain. Wish me luck!

No comments: